We took to the kitchen with our darling little helper and youngest son Maasai to make his favourite loaf of herb bread. A simple piece of perfection to create at home when confined to inside on those cooler days.
- 1 ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3-4 cups organic flour
- Combine the warm water, honey, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Let sit for 5-10mins, until there is bubbling and plenty of foam on top.
- Next, use a wooden spoon to mix in 2 cups of the flour into the bowl with the yeast, slowly adding more flour and kneading until it is no longer sticky.
- The dough needs to be sticking to itself, not your fingers.
- Form the dough into a loaf shape and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with a tea towel and let sit on the counter or somewhere warm for 20mins.Preheat your oven to 170deg.
- After 20mins, cut slits across the top of the dough and bake for 16-20mins.
We also love to add loads of fresh and dried herbs.
Fresh rosemary and thyme are our favourite, but you can use whatever you have on hand. x